Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Final Post


Well I can truly say Life Drawing 1 has been a personal success. To be perfectly honest if you showed me some of my better work from the end of the semester to me prior to taking the class I wouldn't have thought that it was my work. The one thing that boggles my mind and continues to do so is placing exactly where I improved. I don't know if I developed more patience, perhaps a better eye, or just got more experience. Somehow even those don't really seem to describe the progress I've made because it seems to be much more vague than that. For example the last day of class I was another day it just seemed to drag on and I couldn't put down a decent mark anywhere. The last day should be the culmination of all the prior classes and theoretically the best work yet. Mine wasn't, in fact the previous class periods with the skeletons felt much less forced and turned out much better. A friend of mine once indulged me about how drawing was one of the most cross-lobe intense activities for your brain. Drawing is part structure, proportion and perspective but just as much personal and organic. Either way I'm really happy I took this course and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to polish their drawing skills.  The last shell turned out to be easily me best, there was more time invested and I think it really shows through in the line work as well as in the ink. My perspective on the tines wasn't as good as it could be but was a huge improvement over previous attempts. Also the tines had a real sense of girth and depth which was aided by the improved ink-work. I'm pretty satisfied with the result.



Here's the link to my flickr portfolio:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwettlerd/

1 comment:

  1. i love how the drips are going up on this, it adds a nice unexpected touch. very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete